Whether it is a dynamic or a static URL that will be best for SEO is an ongoing debate till today. Search engine giants such as Google strongly and strictly recommends webmasters and site owners not to rewrite their dynamic URLs that are ugly to make it clean and static. There are lots of reasons behind this but the most significant reason is that it is not good and helpful for SEO.
A lot of people believe that a static URL is better for indexing and ranking thesites in the search engines. However, this is based on the assumption that search engines usually face difficulty in crawling and analyzing the URLs with source trackers and session IDs. As a matter of fact, Google have made a lot of progress in both these areas but static URLs seem to have a slight upper hand in this matter than the dynamic URLs.
Reasons for preference
As said earlier, the reasons for preference of static URLs over the dynamic ones are many.
- It provides better click-through rates simply because thee users can read the URLs easily and very clearly.
- Being database driven websites, these do not cause any significant issue when it comes to ranking and indexing.
Providing dynamic URLs to search engines is useful and must be favored over hiding the parameters. This will make these TRULs look more static. . Read it to easily differentiate reliable services like IbidInfo.com from other average service providers.
The issues in it
However, there is a fundamental problem here. Google usually considers this aspect from an entirely different perspective.
- It is for the best of interest of the marketers that they consider static URLs to be the best for a better SEO.
- Another concern is writing wrong, untrue or creating misinformation that affect the crawling of the web and also in serving accurate data regarding the contents of pages.
- When rewrites of URLs go awry much , it inevitably screws up the ability of Googleto return the desired results to the users as well yours as the content publisher.
That means, if you really want to stick to the dynamic parameters it is essential to get it done correctly so that you get the desired results.
The pros and cons
The features of static and dynamic URLs come with different pros and cons.
As for the dynamic URLs it is usually longer and can be crawled and indexed more effectively but it has a much lower click-through rate in the search results or in emails. There is a great chance of the URL cutting off when these are copied and pasted on forums and blogs resulting in a 404 or other error. It also has lower keyword relevance and prominence. It is impossible to remember or read out over phone or print on a business card. It cannot be used in print and branding campaigns or to create an accurate expectation. It does not carry optimized anchor text when it is used as the link text.
With static URLs you will have mostly the opposites of all of the above and therefore is so popular and preferred for a better SEO results.
Author Bio: Anthony Karen is a Social Media Expert and has a massive knowledge about SEO marketing and services. She loves to share her creative knowledge of social media with her clients & friends. She is passionate about trendy gadgets.